At Hawthorne Tree, we know that lesbian, gay, bi, queer and/or transgender people come to therapy for lots of reasons. And, no matter what is happening in your life that has led you to therapy…
You should not have to teach your therapist about your identity!
We have experience and expertise working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender nonconforming, nonbinary & queer people on issues that are directly, and indirectly, related to sexual/affection orientation or gender. As a result of our experience, our therapists dedicate themselves to working with members of the community – including cisgender partners of transgender, gender nonconforming and non-binary people.
Some of the LGBTQ specific services that we offer include:
- letters in support of gender affirming surgeries
- navigating medical and health treatment systems
- finding LGBTQ competent medical providers
- support in managing issues related to identity and safety
- coming out to yourself, your family, your friends, your partner
- assisting LGBTQ people and their families (of origin, of choice or both) in dealing with addiction
While some of our team are members of the LGBTQ communities, our entire team is comprised of affirmative and competent clinicians with a passion for working with LGBTQ folks.