a monthly group for spouses & partners of trans, gender nonconforming and non-binary people
GROUP MEETS VIA VIDEO CONFERENCING
In Connection + will meet once a month and is geared toward partners of transgender, GNC or NB people who haven’t ever participated in the group, AND for folks who have been group members. Group is $45 per session**. Please contact Arryn for details or for a brief phone intake in order to participate. Please note that participants must be in Illinois at the time of the scheduled group session.
* there are limited sliding scale spaces in group for people who need them.
A space for spouses and partners to find support and develop community.
Whether you are newly adjusting to information about your partner or if you have been in a relationship long term with a trans, GNC or NB person, topics for discussion may include:
- Adjusting to changes in your relationship.
- Decisions about how relationship will evolve.
- Does my partner’s transition affect my identity?
- Sex and intimacy.
- How do I take care of myself as I manage my own feelings?
- Are there other people out there like me?
- Coming out…at work, with friends, with family, with strangers?
- Surgery(ies): preparations, caregiving, reaching out for help.
- Effects of other medical interventions including hormones on your relationship.
- Finding affirming medical & mental health providers (for yourself as well as for your partner).
Please get in touch to learn more!