a group for cisgender spouses & partners of trans, gender nonconforming and non-binary people.
Update: Fall 2019 Group will start late Sept/early October
We will start up again in October (or sooner if folks are ready). The group does fill quickly, so we encourage you to schedule your intake as soon as you can. You can do so by emailing or calling Arryn directly.
In Connection is a space for cisgender spouses or partners to find support and develop community.
Whether you are newly adjusting to information about your partner or if you have been in a relationship long term with a trans or GNC person, topics for discussion may include:
- Adjusting to changes in your relationship.
- Does my partner’s transition affect my identity?
- Sex and intimacy.
- How do I take care of myself as I manage my own feelings?
- Are there other people out there like me?
- Coming out…at work, with friends, with family, with strangers?
- Surgery(ies): preparations, caregiving, reaching out for help.
- Effects of other medical interventions including hormones on your relationship.
- Finding affirming medical & mental health providers (for yourself as well as for your partner).
Groups meet Wednesday evenings from 7:15-8:30 pm in Andersonville/Edgewater at a location accessible by public transportation.
Each group is $45 per session, discount of $50 if paid in advance for all eight sessions ($310).
An intake is required, to discuss if group is the right fit for you. The fee is $75 for this 30-45 minute intake.
The groups are led by Arryn Hawthorne, LCSW. Click here for a pdf of the group flyer.