Group for Spouses/Partners of Trans, Gender Non-conforming, & Nonbinary people
Update: Summer 2020 group will be held via video conferencing beginning mid-June. Day/time is TBD. Please check back or reach out for updates.
In Connection meets for eight weeks on Wednesday evenings. A brief 30-45 minute intake is required ($50) to participate. Each session is $45 ($360 for eight weeks), there is a $30 discount if paid in advance for all eight sessions ($330). Please know that insurance will not reimburse for this group.
Finding support & building community.
This group can be for you whether you are adjusting to recent changes in your relationship, or if you are looking for a space to build community with other folks who have TGNCNB partners. We understand that not all of the topics below apply to every situation, but these are some of the issues that folks have discussed in past groups:
- Adjusting to changes in your relationship.
- Does my partner’s transition affect my identity?
- Sex and intimacy.
- How do I take care of myself as I manage my feelings?
- Are there other people out there like me?
- Coming out…at work, with friends, with family, with strangers?
- Surgical Interventions: preparations, caregiving, reaching out for help.
- Effects of other medical interventions including hormones on your partner and on your relationship.
- Finding affirming medical & mental health providers (for yourself as well as for your partner).
Please email Arryn Hawthorne, LCSW for an intake or more information.